For over 15 years, I consulted and serviced about networks and network operations.
My involvement includes design, planning, installing and overseeing many network types.
- wireless data equipment (radio-frequency, Radio Frequency (Rf)), networks, hardware and
software, plus related systems
- Internet Protocol site - link site with Public Internet, configure site
equipment for the various packet type protocols: SMTP, HTML, etc.
- design site's Intranet, Private Network, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Voice over Internet
Protocol (VoIP), Internet protocol Voice (packet voice over the Internet)
- network security: firewalls, data encryption, authentication
- interconnecting an organization's sites (nationally and internationally for
voice and data) via private and public network protocols
- prior to Internet Protocol's (IP) dominance - wrote switched packed
protocols with routing and high-availability plus some included 64 bit and
- integrate a site's staff for better information flow
- maintaining, improving and monitoring network traffic
- train site personnel
- personal - specifying the project requirements then receiving approval
followed by doing the project
- project leader - being group leader for a large project and hiring the
My breadth & Depth
- hardware systems - Black Box, Cisco and other commercial proprietary systems (voice, data, and
combined voice & data MUXing, etc.)
- operating systems - multiple vendor's operating system (vendors O/S)
- programming - various languages (hexadecimal, basic, object oriented)